Sunday 6 December 2009

Get a grip. Get focused. Get a job.

That pretty much my goals these days.
Everything went in the shitter after I go back from England and I just realized what I had to do to finally enjoy a speck of my life.
I've been hanging out with two of my bestfriends this weekend and they both now have their own place, fulltime job and one of them are even getting married next summer.
After just spending a few hours with them, I get inspired to do better.
I always feel like I never do enough and I might be right.
So tomorrow, I'm going to sit down and write my CV and send out a few applications.
I just need to get that out of my head cause it's the one thing that worries me these days.
The fact that I don't have contact with my mum doesn't even bother me anymore.
It's like it's time to let her go or more like her letting me go.
She's one of those insanely overprotective parents, and even now when I'm 21, she still doesn't want to hear talk about me drinking alcohol and staying out late.
Guess that's what I get for being an onlychild and she being a singlemom.

But back to the point:

If I can just get a job and start saving up money, I think I'll be allright.
I always seem to worry about money and how I'm suppose to manage and I pretty much spent all of my savings on the planeticket to England.
I don't regret it, by the way.
That trip opened my eyes to something bigger and I instantly clicked with the place and I knew that a part of me would always belong there.
So not only did I get the trip of a lifetime, I also found out where I wanted to end up in the future.

I've also found out that I'm awesome at planning years ahead, but not so awesome planning what to do in 5 minutes.
Wierd, eh?

Anywho:
This blog is getting way too long and I'm starting to rant, which is not good.

Here's a pic of me taken earlier today.
I'm wearing the awesome Heavy Load tshirt :)



Almost time for bed..
Nite lovely cupcakes!

xx

- Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment