Saturday 2 January 2010

I hate labels


I really, really hate them.
It doesn't matter where you are in the world, but people are always going to label you.
Which shows, when you think about it, a huge lack of respect for other people, because you're literally putting them in a box.
I do use different words to describe myself, but I don't let the word define who I am.

This might seem pointless because everybody does it, but it's just certain words you don't use to describe others.
Trust me, I've heard it all.
Everything from nerd and geek to freak and miss man (don't ask about that last one)!
Of course, there's a few Norwegian nicknames that I've gotten over the years, but they really wouldn't make any sense if I tried to translate them into English.

Now I'm curious what your nickname is.
Did you have any wierd ones growing up that still haven't lost its shine?
I still get Medusa, Donald Duck, The Hulk and Hippo Zippo thrown after me on the street.
No clue where these names came from but I think some of them are rather funny.

Anyways:

Leave me your nicknames as a comment or tweet them to me :)

PS:
Feel free to tell me what you think of labels.
Do you really care or have you never really thought about it?
Let me know :)

Tatas lovely oreos!

xx

- Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment